Health and Safety Guidelines
Enjoying live music together safely.
Vaccine Requirements and Mask Policy
Patrons visiting Hilbert Circle Theatre are strongly encouraged to stay up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccinations and to wear a mask when not eating or drinking in the theatre. Please stay home if you are sick. At this time proof of vaccination or proof of negative COVID-19 test will not be required to attend concerts at Hilbert Circle Theatre or Kroger Symphony on the Prairie at Conner Prairie.
If you have questions regarding the ISO’s health and safety policy or concerns about accessing the venue, please email the ISO at iso@IndianapolisSymphony.org or call 317-639-4300 to speak with a member of the Customer Care Team.
Masks are recommended for all guests. Eating and drinking in the theatre are now permitted.
The cooperation of patrons helps to ensure that the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra can continue to offer concerts at 100% capacity. Thank you in advance for your help and understanding.
- All ticket holders will receive advance notice of the health and safety protocols in place for their concerts. Any policy or schedule changes will be communicated in a timely and transparent way. Additionally, this page will remain an updated resource.
- If you’re feeling ill or have symptoms related to a cold or infectious disease, please stay home.
- Ticket exchange policy: Anyone requiring a ticket exchange due to health and safety concerns may do so without incurring an exchange fee. Exchanges can be made by calling the Customer Care team at (317) 639-4300.
- Patrons are reminded that ushers are available to address any concerns that may occur before or during a performance.
The safety of our patrons, musicians, staff, and students is our paramount concern. To make your concert experience as safe as possible, we have instituted a number of changes to our facility and recommendations:
- HVAC compliance: The Hilbert Circle Theatre has upgraded HVAC systems providing healthy indoor air quality.
- eTickets/contactless entry: We’re implementing contactless touchpoints for ticketing and entry. You can access your tickets digitally through your ISO Account on any internet-ready device. Paper tickets will be available only upon request or due to operational necessity.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures: We’re executing regular and thorough cleanings of all restrooms and public touchpoints, including tables, chairs, elevators, and handrails.
- Hand sanitizer: The Hilbert Circle Theatre is making hand sanitizing stations available throughout the lobby and concert hall.
- Visitors who require accommodations beyond any of the ones listed above should contact our Customer Care team at (317) 639-4300.
- In addition to visiting this page for health and safety information, sign up for our weekly newsletter.
New Security System
Our new security screenings will create an efficient and safe environment for all guests. This new system from Evolv Technology provides touchless security screening that delivers safety without sacrificing the guest experience.
NO BAG CHECKS OR EMPTYING POCKETS
With this touchless system, there will be no need to empty your pockets or stop for a bag check. You will be able to walk straight through with your group.
NOT A METAL DETECTOR
This system is not a metal detector and is safe for those with pacemakers or other medical devices. The system functions in the same way a theft security system would at a retail store. For those with concerns, a secondary screen can be provided instead of walking through the system.
WHAT WILL ALERT THE SYSTEM
The system is looking for objects that could be identified as weapons. It will identify firearms, large knives, bomb-like materials, & more. (See our prohibited items list & policies.) It will also alert to objects like small umbrellas, laptops, metal eyeglass cases, and more. Please remove these items from your bag as you walk through the system in order for our security team to quickly identify that it is not a prohibited item.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE SYSTEM ALERTS WHEN I WALK THROUGH?
If the system alerts as you are walking through you will be asked to step to the side for a secondary screening. Here our security team may ask to take a look inside your bag or have you empty your pockets. If you have a prohibited item, you will be asked to remove it from the building. There is no onsite storage of prohibited items.
Will food and beverages be served?
A limited menu of food and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase. These items may be consumed in lobby or theatre areas.
Is concert capacity reduced for the 2021-22 or 2022-23 seasons?
Unless notified by public health authorities, the ISO will perform at full capacity for all concerts.
Do I have to wear a face mask at Hilbert Circle Theatre?
Masks are recommended for all patrons, but not required.
Does Hilbert Circle Theatre undergo regular cleaning?
The concert hall, lobbies, and restrooms of Hilbert Circle Theatre are deep cleaned after every performance. In addition, powerful ultraviolet air purifiers are distributed throughout the theater’s public spaces and auditorium.
Will ISO performances be available for live streaming from my computer?
While no plans are in place to live stream concerts, the ISO is evaluating this possibility.
At this time proof of vaccination or proof of negative COVID-19 test is not required to attend Kroger Symphony on the Prairie.