Policies at the Hilbert Circle Theatre
Commitment to a Safe Environment
The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra is eager to welcome you back into our home and is anticipating giving live performances for the 2021–22 season. However, the ISO will also plan for any lingering presence of the COVID-19 health situation into the upcoming season. The health and safety of our guests, musicians, volunteers, and staff is our paramount concern. The ISO is dedicated to providing a healthy and safe environment for our performances and events.
To help maintain healthy conditions for everyone, the ISO will closely follow all local, state, and federal guidance regarding COVID-19 mitigation protocols including:
- Face masks required at all times except while actively eating or drinking while seated in the auditorium
- Physical distancing policies and procedures
- Reduced capacity to facilitate physical distancing procedures
- Limiting contact between venue staff and guests
- On-site health assessment
- On-site safety monitoring by designated staff
In addition, the ISO will commit to the following venue modifications to ensure a healthy and safe environment:
- Upgraded HVAC and air filtration systems to ensure clean and fresh air exchange is maximized
- Cleaning protocols of all spaces in accordance with Center for Disease Control guidelines
- Comprehensive signage of all policies and procedures
- Implementation of CDC recommendations and close monitoring of local, state, and federal guidance
Code of Conduct
The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra (ISO) is committed to creating a safe and enjoyable concert experience. Guests have a right to expect an environment where guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all ISO personnel.
We ask that guests refrain from the following behavior at all events:
- Profanity or other offensive language, whether spoken or appearing on apparel
- Smoking, other than in designated areas
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquids
- Entering the performance stage or restricted areas at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior
- Failure to retain ticket and/or present it to event staff if requested to do so
- Resale of tickets at the venue
- The distribution of promotional items, flyers, handbills and/or printed materials, vending, peddling or product sampling is not allowed without written permission of the ISO
- Standing on seats
- Standing or dancing in the aisles
- Sitting or standing on the shoulders of another guest
- Conduct that unreasonably interferes with the enjoyment of the event by others or poses a threat to public safety, as determined at the sole discretion of the ISO
- Violation of state or local laws
Failure to comply may subject you to ejection or arrest.
Guests are encouraged to report inappropriate behavior to venue personnel. We welcome your help in our efforts to provide an enjoyable experience for all guests.
Restricted Items and Conditions
The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra reserves the right to conduct lawful searches at any time of all packages, containers, briefcases and purses (and other similar personal belongings), and persons entering its properties. Anyone who fails or refuses to promptly permit a search under this policy will not be allowed on the property, or if already on the property, will be asked to immediately leave the premises. Failure to comply with a demand to leave the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra’s premises in accordance with this policy will be considered an act of trespass and may result in the involvement of law enforcement and/or prosecution.
Alcoholic beverages purchased outside the venue or illegal substances; toy or fake weapons; laser pointers, strobe lights, irritants (e.g. artificial noisemakers); radios or other music players; projectiles; animals (with the exception of service animals); bikes, skateboards, scooters (or the like); signs (large or in poor taste); balloons, silly string, and banners.
Please note: There is no check-in area for prohibited items.
Smoking / Vaping / E-cigarettes
Smoking or vaping within the venue is not permitted.
Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the arena. Weapons include, but are not limited to: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc.
Photo & Video Policy
No photography, video recording, recording or transmitting of any description, account, picture, or reproduction of the event or event activities. The camera policy is subject to change dependent upon the event promoters’ requirements for each event.
By redeeming a ticket, the holder and any minor, acknowledge permission to the use of your image, likeness, actions, and statement in connection with any live or recorded audio, photograph, publication, or other transmission of the event/event Activities or the promotion of any future event.
Ticket Required for Entry
All guests are required to have a ticket despite age. This includes children of all ages.
Food and Beverage
Outside food and beverage is prohibited. Any beverage purchased onsite must be enjoyed onsite. Beverages will not be allowed to exit the building.
Late Arrival Seating
Late comers may be delayed access to seating until intermission or times/breaks in the event, and may be seated in alternate seat locations.
Trained service animals (not emotional support animals) assisting guests are permitted. Service animals must remain on a leash or harness at all times and will rest in the seating area of the individual with a disability. All other animals are prohibited.
Sound, Lights and Haze
Areas of the venue maybe subject to extremely loud music and sounds, as well as, strobes, flashing lights, theatrical stage lighting and the use of fog, haze.