Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Association
People with a passion for music. Join the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Association and help to spread music in the community!
Benefits of Joining the ISOA
What We Do
The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Association is all about music for kids.
- We are the proud presenting sponsor of the Community Health Network Discovery Concert Series, giving elementary school students a chance to see and hear a live orchestra.
- We offer the Michael Ben & Illene Komisarow Maurer Young Musicians Contest in which talented musicians under age 18 compete for an opportunity to appear with the ISO.
- We support the Side-by-Side Concert which allows students to play alongside an orchestra member in a live concert.
- We offer Symphony in Color, an art contest in which students create works of art while listening to classical music in the classroom.
- The ISOA, along with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, supports the Metropolitan Youth Orchestra.
ISOA Board Members
Executive Board Members
Jan Pierce & Terry Snell, Co-Presidents
Leslie Nelson, Recording Secretary
Kay Kinder, Corresponding Secretary
Nela Swinehart, Treasurer
Susan Due, Assistant Treasurer
Terrie Alexander, Volunteer Administrator
Kay Kinder, Executive Board Advisor
Susan Smithburn, Executive Board Advisor
Mary Ellen Weitekamp, Immediate Past President
City and State Unit Chairs
Faye Crabtree, East Group
Ann Deagan-Romberg, North Group
Joanna Weiler, South Group
Sharon Stegemoller, West Group
Carol Rohrabaugh-Mote, Columbus Unit
Susan Beckett, Wabash Unit