Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and Conner Prairie announce spectacular 2023 Kroger Symphony on the Prairie season
The must-see 2023 line-up features the ISO’s legendary Star-Spangled Symphony, Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark in Concert with the ISO performing John Williams’ iconic score live to film, the Marshall Tucker Band, plus tributes to Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel & Elton John, and so much more!
New this year: Buy tickets to 3 or more concerts and automatically receive a 10% discount!
INDIANAPOLIS—Mark your summer calendars and start planning the good times now! The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and Conner Prairie are pleased to announce the 2023 season of Kroger Symphony on the Prairie starting June 23 at the Conner Prairie Amphitheatre in Fishers. Fans will be thrilled with an exciting line-up that offers a fun-filled musical summer experience for the whole family.
Tickets to the general public will go on sale April 11. Buy tickets on the ISO’s website beginning April 11, 2023. Tickets may also be purchased at central Indiana Kroger stores, at the Hilbert Circle Theatre Box Office at 45 Monument Circle, Indianapolis, or by calling the Box Office at 317-639-4300.
NEW in 2023: Purchase tickets to three or more concerts and automatically receive a 10% discount! No code needed. Discount calculated at checkout.
Season highlights include 12 performances by the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, including Opening Weekend June 23-24 featuring the beloved Music of Harry Potter conducted by Enrico Lopez-Yañez; a live-to-film performance July 7-8 of the legendary Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark featuring the iconic soundtrack by composer John Williams; Arrival from Sweden: Music of ABBA accompanied by the ISO July 14-15, and the patriotic Star-Spangled Symphony celebration June 30-July 3 complete with fanfare and fireworks.
The 2023 season also features the popular Face2Face with the music of Billy Joel and Elton John, The Marshall Tucker Band, TUSK: the Ultimate Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band, two nights of Queen with Gary Mullen and the Works, and much more! There’s something for everyone with 25 concerts to choose from.
2023 Kroger Symphony on the Prairie schedule
*Denotes concerts featuring the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
*June 23-24: The Music of Harry Potter
Conductor Enrico Lopez-Yañez takes you on a fun-filled adventure with a delightful program that explores the wizarding world through its most iconic music.
*June 30-July 3: Star-Spangled Symphony
Your favorite patriotic celebration complete with fireworks! Featuring Conductor Alfred Savia and vocalist Vanessa Thomas
*July 7-8: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark in Concert featuring the ISO led by former ISO Assistant Conductor Jacob Joyce. The original film will be shown on the large screens as the orchestra performs the soundtrack. Program starts at 8:30 p.m.
*July 14-15: Arrival from Sweden: Music of ABBA with Principal Pops Conductor Jack Everly leading the ISO
*July 21-22: Broadway under the Stars
Join Principal Pops Conductor Jack Everly for this exciting performance of all your Broadway favorites featuring vocalists Victor Robertson, Katie Swaney, AshLee Baskin, and Jim Hogan.
July 28-29: Face2Face: A Tribute to Billy Joel & Elton John
Aug. 4: Greatest Love of All: A Tribute to Whitney Houston (not associated with the Estate of Whitney Houston)
Aug. 5: Tusk: The Ultimate Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band
Aug. 11: The Fab Four: The Ultimate Tribute
Aug. 12: Here Come the Mummies with Rock E Bassoon (featuring musicians of the ISO!)
Aug. 18: Marshall Tucker Band
Aug. 19: Unforgettable Fire: U2 Tribute Show
Aug. 25-26: One Night of Queen with Gary Mullen and the Works
Sept. 1: Aeromyth: The Ultimate Aerosmith Tribute Experience
Sept. 2: Pyromania: The Def Leppard Experience
Sept. 3: Voyage – The Ultimate Journey Tribute Band
Know before you go:
- The July 15 concert featuring Arrival from Sweden: Music of ABBA with the ISO includes a 6:30 p.m. ‘Teddy Bear’ performance with ISO musicians at the small shelter near the playground. No additional purchase necessary.
- Gates open at 6 p.m. and concerts begin at 8 p.m. each night unless otherwise noted. The film performances of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark in Concert begin at 8:30 p.m.
- Date-specific tickets may be purchased via the official ISO website. Attendees must have tickets (mobile or hard copy) to enter each performance. Children two years old and under do not need a ticket.
- In addition to purchasing online, patrons may scan a QR code at Central Indiana Kroger stores to receive a discount when they purchase tickets on the ISO website. Tickets are also sold at the ISO Box Office located on Monument Circle. Patrons are advised to use one of these three methods to purchase tickets.
- Tickets can be downloaded to phones as mobile tickets for all ISO concerts at Conner Prairie. Likewise, patrons can print their tickets at home and bring them.
- Table rentals, reserved seating, and tickets to the Huntington Bank Sunset Lounge are available in limited quantities. Reserved seating tickets and table reservations (a maximum of ten per table) will go on sale to the general public April 11. Visit the ISO website for the list of shows that have reserved seating available.
- Patrons may carry in their own food and beverages and purchase refreshments on-site including beer, wine, and spirits.
- Three large LED screens enhance the stage view from every location on the lawn.
- Reserved parking is $40 for each show and provides easy-access parking. Reserved parking is available for individual concerts.
- Groups of 30 or more may purchase discounted tickets to Kroger Symphony on the Prairie at a 10% discount. For group sales, contact the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra Box Office at (317) 639-4300.
- For more information on any Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra indoor or outdoor presentation, contact the Hilbert Circle Theatre Box Office at (317) 639-4300 or online at IndianapolisSymphony.org.
About the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, at home and thriving in the heart of Indianapolis, offers an exceptional artistic and musical experience. The orchestra is open to all and dedicated to creating an inclusive and innovative experiential environment that is inspiring, educational, and welcoming. The ISO celebrates historically beloved performances while engaging audiences by introducing new voices through programming including the DeHaan Classical Series, the Printing Partners Pops Series, Kroger Symphony on the Prairie the holiday traditions of AES Indiana Yuletide Celebration and the popular Film Series presented by Bank of America. For more information, visit www.indianapolissymphony.org.
About Conner Prairie
Conner Prairie is the destination for living history, inviting guests to step into the story and actively experience the connection between today and yesterday. With more than 1,000 wooded acres on the White River, Conner Prairie offers education and adventure to more than 400,000 visitors of all ages each year. As Indiana’s first Smithsonian Institute affiliate museum, Conner Prairie provides both outdoor interpretive encounters and indoor experiential learning spaces, melding history and art with science, technology, engineering and math. A 501(c)3, nonprofit organization, Conner Prairie is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, and relies on grants and philanthropic donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations to fuel its sustainability and growth. For more information, visit ConnerPrairie.org.