New date just added for the 2023 AES Indiana Yuletide Celebration!
INDIANAPOLIS—By popular demand, the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra announced an additional performance of the 2023 AES Indiana Yuletide Celebration at Hilbert Circle Theatre.
The new date is 2 p.m. on December 22, 2023. Tickets for the newly added performance, along with 28 other showtimes to choose from, are on sale now at IndianapolisSymphony.org.
Maestro Jack Everly leads the 37th annual AES Indiana Yuletide Celebration December 1–23, for a magical holiday production featuring Broadway star Ben Crawford as host, the return of MOIPEI after their debut performance with the ISO in 2022, tap-dancing Santas, dazzling choreography, and stunning costumes. Ben Crawford served as host of Yuletide Celebration in 2012 and 2014 and is known for his memorable performances in Broadway blockbusters including Les Misérables, Shrek, Big Fish, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, and many more.
- Maestro Everly continues his tradition of composing new music for the Yuletide performances – and he’ll conduct familiar holiday favorites too.
- Audiences are in for a treat with a performance from Sherry Hong, ISO’s Acting Assistant Principal Second Violin.
- The talented triplets Mary, Maggy and Marta are returning for this year’s performances. Known globally as MOIPEI, this trio wows audiences with their harmonies.
- Look for the internationally acclaimed Expressenz Dance Center on stage, too.
- A new awe-inspiring cirque act returns: Nick Hodge is a cirque performer who defies gravity in his daring and breathtaking shows. A nationally and globally ranked Wheel Gymnastics competitor, he’ll perform using a Cyr wheel, a large metal ring that’s only a few inches wide – and he performs feats most people can’t attempt on solid ground.
- Madison Hilligoss brings her tap-dancing talent to the Hilbert Circle Theatre stage. An alumna of the tap dance program at The School at Jacob’s Pillow and NYU, Madison’s recent credits include: The Tap Dance Kid (New York City Center Encores!/Off-Broadway), Funny Girl (Pre-Production/Broadway), 42nd Street (The Ordway), and more.
The show is only part of the tradition. Arrive early for a stroll around Monument Circle, where the Circle of Lights will be on display; then head to Hilbert Circle Theatre for cookies and hot chocolate in the lobby, photo opportunities with holiday characters and the iconic Christmas tree, and a reading of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” in the Maestro Lounge 30 minutes before showtime.
Tickets may be purchased online at IndianapolisSymphony.org or by calling the Box Office at 317-639-4300.
About Principal Pops Conductor Jack Everly
Maestro Jack Everly has served as the ISO’s Principal Pops Conductor for 20 years and as the Music Director of the AES Indiana Yuletide Celebration, now entering its 37th year. Each year, he composes original music for the Yuletide performances, along with conducting familiar favorites. Throughout the season, whether he’s leading the ISO through memorable Broadway melodies for the Printing Partners Pops Series or Princess Bride for the popular Film Series presented by Bank of America, Maestro Everly is beloved by fans for his musical expertise and charismatic personality. He has led the ISO in its first Pops recording, Yuletide Celebration, Volume One, which included three of his own orchestrations.
About the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra
The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, at home and thriving in the heart of Indianapolis, offers an exceptional artistic and musical experience. The orchestra is open to all and dedicated to creating an inclusive and innovative experiential environment that is inspiring, educational, and welcoming. The ISO celebrates historically beloved performances while engaging audiences by introducing new voices through programming including the IU Health Plans Classical Series, the Printing Partners Pops Series, the holiday traditions of AES Indiana Yuletide Celebration and the popular Film Series presented by Bank of America. For more information, visit the ISO website.