Disco Days and Boogie Nights
No matter what crowd you ran with in the '70s, we've got the music to match - disco anthems like "I Will Survive," monster rock hits like "Bohemian Rhapsody" and singer-songwriter ballards like "Top of the World." These great songs and more for one dy-no-mite symphonic performance. Even Nixon couldn't argue with that!
2 Flutes ( 2nd double Piccolo)
2 Oboes (2nd double Eng. Horn)
3 Clarinets (3rddouble Bass Clarinet)
Alto & Tenor Sax 1 (one player who doubles)
Alto & Tenor Sax 2 (one player who doubles)
Tenor & Baritone Sax 3
Keyboards: Piano, Synth (there is heavy synth use), Celeste (One player)
Note: should an excellent ‘celeste’ sound be obtained on the synth, the real celeste may
Guitars: Electric, Acoustic, Mandolin, others? (one player)
Fender Electric Bass Guitar & Acoustic Rhythm Bass (one player)
Strings (12 – 10 – 8 – 8 - 4 min.) Bass count does not include the Rhythm Bass player
- 48” mirror ball (substituting a 36” mirror ball may be permitted, but requires approval by the SPC – based on hall size and other tech elements)
- 1 36” stool
- 2 wardrobe people for 5 hours to prep costumes and 2 people for each concert (run crew). At least one wardrobe person on each call must be a stitcher with supplies. Concert call is 90 minutes before down beat.
- Off stage TV monitor or an unobstructed view of the Conductor is needed on Stage Right for off stage vocals.
- Please see stage layout for orchestra set up details.
- A four person rhythm section – must be wrapped around the brass section – see stage attached plot 1) keyboards, 2) trap set, 3) electric fender bass guitar and acoustic rhythm bass, 4) guitars
- A 6 foot grand is acceptable for use.
- Two wardrobe dressers are needed for:
- 5 hours steaming and ironing prep
- each performance starting 1 1/2 hours prior to curtain
NOTE: At least one wardrobe person on each call must be a stitcher with supplies.
- 6 mic stands for wireless handhelds
- Roundtrip shipment (FedEx 3 day or UPS 3 day) of music, costumes, minimal sound gear (provided by Chapter 6), and prop boxes. SPC staff will supply packing labels with values of contents. The cost of the shipment, and insurance for these packages, is the responsibility of the local orchestra. FedEx 3 day Express or UPS Air 3 Day is acceptable.
Ground Shipping is not acceptable due to insurance limitations.
- A projection screen and projector for video (video provided by the SPC) for Brady Bunch intro
Make a Gift
We can't do what we love — making music — without you.
Rent the Hilbert Circle Theatre
Host your event at the Hilbert Circle Theatre, one of Indy's most beloved historical sites on Monument Circle.